VOIP/Network Infrastructure Engineer
The ideal candidate will come from a large routing and switching background with experience working with various industry leading manufacturers for VOIP/WAN/LAN/Load Balancing and session border and control. This person must have a strong understanding of routing, switching, security and wireless. This person will be responsible for working on projects related to implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance management, capacity planning.
· Installation and Configuration of Cisco routers (880, 2800, 2900, 3900, ASR1K and 9K)
· Experienced installing and configuring Cisco Catalyst 2900, 3500, 3700, 4500, 6500, Nexus7K 5K, and 2K Switches
- Physical cabling, IP addressing, WAN configuration
- Cisco session and border control experience. Including Cisco 7600 Session and border controller– design and implement multimedia traffic flows between IP network borders, handling signaling, data, voice, and video traffic.
- Must have strong IP and VoIP protocol interoperability troubleshooting skills.
Must have experience with SIP, MGCP/NCS, SS7.
- SIP Trunking knowledge and experience provider-based as well as internal.
- UCE and call center experience a plus
- Infrastructure design and architecture
- Installation, Implementation and configuration
- Performance and benchmarking
- Provide on-call support
- Strong writing skills
- Organized and articulate
- Conflict resolution
- Strong team worker
- Capable of working with business groups and clients
- Able to handle pressure
- Independent, self-starter, needs little or no supervision
- Knows how to use Remedy trouble ticket system
- Can learn quickly and figure things out on their own